Two Douglas juveniles were arrested last week for their role in a copy cat bomb threat at Ray Borane Middle School.
Emergency personnel responded quickly to the school and the 425 students at the campus were bused over to Huber Middle School on 15th and Washington while the facility was searched.
Sgt. Jose Duarte of the Douglas Police Dept. said Douglas Police Officers with assistance from the Cochise County Sheriffs Deputies, U.S. Border Patrol Agents, Douglas Unified School District Security and Arizona Department of Public Safety Gang Officers all responded and conducted a search of the school classrooms, parking lot and perimeter, which resulted in no devices being found or observed.
The students were allowed to return to campus shortly before 1 p.m.
Sgt. Duarte said Douglas Police Officers and Detectives were able to obtain phone information and proceeded to conduct follow up investigation with the school security and identified some people of interest. Based on that information, two male juveniles, ages 12 and 13, were arrested late Thursday night.
The juveniles, who are not being identified because of their ages, are being charged with interference with disruption of an educational institution which is a misdemeanor offense, hoax and terrorism act both of which are felony offenses.
Both juveniles were transported to the Cochise County Juvenile Detention Center. Douglas Police Officers will continue with their investigation into this case for other possible arrests.